Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Huh.

Tomorrow is Leap Day and I turn 40 a few days later. It occurred to me that if my life were a romantic comedy the next few days would be magical. I would be caught up in a whirlwind of intrigue, romance and conflicting emotions. Would the mysterious stranger that sets my heart to racing win me over with some far fetched plan that involves me traveling to a distant but picturesque setting? What about the best friend that knows me better than anyone through our years of complacency? Where would all this upheaval lead us? And dammit! I want to dance and look retardedly happy during my montage of 80s songs.

How in the hell did an entire generation of women allow themselves to fall for this crap? It is easier for me to believe that there is a video that will kill you in 7 days than it is for me to believe that Jennifer Aniston and Amy Adams can't find boyfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment