Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Week In My Life, Day 2

Welcome to February 28, 2012. Day two of my documented week started the same as all of them. Emmy got herself up and off to school and I then drove Annabeth to school. Because I am such a good mom, I let her listen to one of her favorite CDs, Celebrity Psychos by the Cornbugs. If you've never heard them, check them out and then you will realize just how awesome I am.

By the time I got to work, I was so sick from my antibiotic that I could barely hold my head up. But I muddled through. Here is what I get to look at when I'm sitting at my desk.

When I got to feeling better, I watered my plants. I know that doesn't sound like much but pay close attention to the plant in the bottom left. That's how most plants usually end up after being left to my care.
However, these must be super plants. The upper left plant that's blooming was a gift when I came back to work after having Annabeth so I've had it 14 years come April. The one next to it is a cutting from a plant that sat on my great-grandmother's kitchen table for years and years and she's been gone almost 30 years. The live one in the floor was a birthday gift from my first unit so I'm thinking Monday will be 10 years that it has lived under my care.

Lunch was no bueno. I thought I would be able to eat but that was a bust. So this was lunch.

And this was the view as I sat in the parking lot and talked on the phone a bit.


In between all that work stuff (maybe I'll tell about it one day) I talked to a friend that I'd reconnected with on Facebook that I'd not talked to since probably 10th grade. I had only one stop to make after work, but it's something that I hate with a passion.

I hate pumping my own gas with a burning passion. Enough time has passed that about 98% of the bitterness and anger over the divorce has gone away. However, when I have to pump gas it flares up like it was 2007 all over again and I think (and sometimes say) really not nice things.

When I got home I had to face the consequences of missing the deadline for softball sign up.


My Emmy is heartbroken over not getting to play this year. I have ruined her life and should not expect her to ever get over this. She did manage to complete her Social Studies project despite the devastating turn of events.


The rest of the evening was spent just talking to the girls and watching "Dance Moms." There was a hilariously disturbing conversation that I will be glad to share with you via email or text. I actually was able to get in bed around 10 PM but sleep eluded me for a bit because I was subjected to Samara Morgan and komodo dragons right before I turned in.

Stay tuned. As the greatest song ever says:
And when the morning light comes streaming in
I'll get up and do it again.

1 comment: