Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Week In My Life

I stole this from my friend Daggers. She thought it might be fun to document a typical a week in the life, via pictures and words. It’s mostly a typical week, but of course every week has its random twists and turns and craziness. So it is, the riveting life of me for the week of February 27 through March 4.

My day always begins at 5:30 with the intro to Slayer's "Raining Blood." That works better at waking me up than any tone my Crackberry can offer. You've all probably heard me say a few times that I smell good. It's because I do! Behold, my smell good ingredients. Please note the top to the perfume is off because it's nothing but a tiny mirror and well, use your imagination.
That's also the last book I read. I got conned in to reading the Dresden Files by my bff. He's the devil like that. One last thing about getting ready...

I'm in week two of battling a staph infection. Yay me! The antibiotics are killing me.

On my drive in to work, my sister called me to let me know that her father in law had passed away early this morning. It was expected but still not an easy thing to hear. In my family, we are never the bearer of our own news so it fell to me to notify the others of this. I got to talk to my brother, which I never do even though he lives right here in town, and my stepmom and aunt. Savannah even got in on the gabfest and called me during lunch to update me on the latest installment of her soap opera.

Speaking of lunch, I had sushi. YUM! After I got used to the texture, a California roll became a definite favorite of mine. The garnish today (I think it's supposed to be shaved ginger or something but we always call it "labia" because that's what it looks like) was all messed up and reminded me of a dead Patrick Starfish.


Work was especially stupid and nerve wracking. I should have taken a picture of my hair. My poor hair, it bears the brunt of my anxieties and nervous energy. Anxiety leaves it knotted up in tiny braids; stress and frustration leave it sticking up in all directions.

After work, I had two minor errands to run that ended up taking over two hours. I stood at America's Best for an hour waiting to pick up a box of contacts for Annabeth. Then it was over to Wal Fart to grab some potatoes and carrots for a quick dinner. My Heathens love when I roast potatoes, carrots and smoke sausage together. I didn't realize that I grabbed a bag of gourmet taters so we ended up with rainbow food. Who knew potatoes could be purple and pink?!

After dinner, Annabeth, Emmy and I just hung out. Em and I watched television together and spent two hours being grossed out by Hoarders. She's having some clingy issues so she sat right up on me or had her head in my lap the whole time. I was astounded when I realized how thick her hair is. No fair! When it finally grows out, she is going to have a head full of hair that romance novel heroines would die for.

Throw in a phone call from a friend I haven't talked to in minute and one to my Daddy to tell him happy birthday and that was pretty much my February 27, 2012.

3 comments:

  1. The devil? I'm the devil now? Sheesh, it's cause I'm brown isn't it? Racist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the devil because you are. It has nothing to do with your browniness. Besides, I thought the devil was red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the dead Patrick Starfish/labia comment. I chuckled hard.

    ReplyDelete