Monday, March 12, 2012

A Week In The Life, Day 7

Wow, I am just a little behind in getting this done but since my Day 7 happened to be the last day of my 30's, you all can just bite me.

Sunday, March 4, 2012, started out quiet and slow because the Heathens were at their dad's. He gave Annabeth tickets to see the Broadway production of Wicked for her birthday so she and Savannah were gone to that. Annabeth is mad for musicals and this is one of her favorites. I was a little bummed that I did not get to go with her but happy that parental guilt scored her front row seats. She's so pretty!


To be honest, I was totally useless this day. I played around online and goofed off with my bestie a large portion of the day. The plan was for Savannah to take me out to dinner for my birthday after Wicked. She and the little ones (14 and 11 and I still call them that) came breezing in and pronounced me presentable and we took off to O'Charley's.

When we arrived, I knew something was up because Savannah and Emmy were stalling for time and they are as subtle as a dead skunk in August. I was rushed in to the building amid much squealing, whispering and giggling. Even though I spoke to my best friend Wendy and her entire family standing in the lobby, Savannah whisked me to the bathroom because apparently I had to go and didn't know it. After more stalling, I was allowed to come out and act surprised at seeing Wendy and her crew there bearing gifts. To be honest, I was totally and completely surprised that Savannah did this but come on, I had just seen them in the lobby! I'm not that blonde :) A few minutes later, my other dear friends Mowry and Emily (Big Emily to some of you) came walking in and I truly was surprised then! They both live an hour away and have small children. Plus, Emily's sweet Buster was not feeling well. But they came to party with me and brought cake! Targaryen Dragon Cake no less!
Savannah and Emmy made me a poster that was presented to me in the restaurant with a little song and dance.

The Heathens even got me a cake, in Lannister colors of course.
And I'm telling you, I really need to go ahead and change my name....

The meal was very nice and I enjoyed my two worlds colliding and was beyond thrilled that they all liked each other. Did I mention I was wearing a tiara the entire time?

It says "Happy Birthday" above the tinsel. I thought I carried the look off with my usual grace and poise.

Savannah had to rush back to the land of college and fun after dinner. I always hate to see her go. Annabeth and Emmy had gifts that came in my birthday box the day before so they got to open them. They were most pleased.

Emmy has never even heard of Thundercats but she thought the hat and matching wrist band were the best thing ever. She even slept in them.
And that was pretty much the last thing I saw before I turned 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment