Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Week In My Life, Day 3

February 29, 2012, Leap Day. Woot. The started with hearing Emmy whimpering in her sleep and then start crying as soon as she woke up. She is taking the no softball thing pretty hard. I noticed on the way to school that a nice crop of political signs has sprung up. Please note Roy Moore is running for Supreme Court again. I can't wait to be a national laughing stock again.
Also, you can see the stop sign that is going to get my in really bad trouble one day. But that's all I'm saying on that.

Work was hectic. We are getting ready for a really big review by the State week after next. I helped Big Emily decide which snack would give her the most food for her 85 cents (math, even social workers use it).

Then we took a break on the lovely patio. You can see how dreary it was. Dreary but muggy.



I had a couple of surprises waiting for me when I got home. I had ordered Watchmen Monday and it came in along with an unexpected box from Southern Candymakers in New Orleans. My friend Erin (and I assume her boyfriend Blake) sent me a care package since I was dying of what I have now determined is an Alien infection. Chocolate fleur de lis, gator and crawfish plus authentic pecan pralines. Hello, sexy lips!


The girls and I then headed on over to IHOP and to target to run a few errands. Before leaving, we snapped a few pictures. Notice Annabeth's awesome Batman utility belt. Yep, she even wore it to school.


Of course, this was the best part of dinner.

We played around in Target a little while. Crayola now makes a line of colors that are themed. There's pirate, rock star, mermaid, cupcake, ice cream sundae, princess, glitter and of course....


The main job when we got home was to color Annabeth's hair. She decided she wanted to go back red so we did. She was very happy with the results, though you wouldn't be able to tell it from this picture.


The night was stupid. My tummy/esophagus/Alien issues persisted a long time. Then I was hot. Then I got sucked in to some Facebook conversations. Then a friend texted me a funny picture. Then Annabeth was scared. Then it was a wicked storm. Then my mind went in to overdrive....Good times.

2 comments:

  1. hummm... I will see how to get rid of Alien... as I live near Roswell in New Mexico .. maybe some old bruho knows ... wait I`ll ask Bruno !!! Bruno may be a bruho !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would not surprise me at all, Linda.

    ReplyDelete