Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Week In My Life, Day 5

Friday, March 2, 2012. Finally! Today was the first day in almost 3 weeks that I did not have to bandage anything. Aside from a weird scar, I think the staph infection has cleared up.

Today was the funeral for Mr. Gentry. It was a sweet service that celebrated his life. He had been a part of my life for many years. My older brother Patrick has been friends with Steven since they were little boys and as the baby sister, I always seem to have tagged along. My sister Vicki married in to the family and, again, I seemed to have tagged along. Since my divorce, the Gentry clan has become my second family and I spend most of the (eating) holidays with them. Despite the circumstances, it was very nice to spend time with everyone.

The entire state was under a severe weather advisory for the day. Since the deadly tornadoes last April, we seem to go in to overdrive when it comes to preparation and most of the ares shut down at lunch. This is what the sky looked like at the time.

This was the view right before I turned off on to my road going home at 5.

After work, the girls and I went to eat dinner. I missed my turn and we ended up taking a very scenic route to our destination. It still amazes me that I get lost in the towns that I've lived in for years. All of the televisions were on coverage about the weather. It had already been pretty bad in North Alabama earlier. My sister's neighborhood was hit pretty bad but thankfully, they appeared to have been spared.

There were some spectacular storms on in the night but our area was spared. I think the NWS is now saying that 6 tornadoes touched down across the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment